Associate Minister to Students
First Baptist Church, Brownfield, Texas
This staff member shall be directly responsible to the Pastor for planning, coordinating and developing the ministries to students (youth) in this church. If problems arise, they shall be discussed with the Pastor first, the Personnel Committee if necessary, and lastly with the church body.
1. This person’s life should reveal a true conversion experience which compels him or her to make Christ Sovereign Lord. (Galatians 2:20, 1 Peter 3:15)
2. This person should have a passion for youth and sense the calling of God to provide a total program to the youth of the church. He or she should have a strong desire to lead youth in ministering to others.
3. This person should be eager to lead in the evangelization of youth and to lead them in winning others.
4. This person should have the training and experience which will enable him or her to do a credible ministry for Christ and be qualified to provide counseling and spiritual guidance to the complex problems of youth.
5. This person must live in Terry County during the term of employment.
6. This person must obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) within one year of employment.
1. The Associate Minister to Students (also referred to as the Student Minister or Youth Minister) shall work under the leadership of the Pastor and with other staff members in planning and coordinating the ministry to students. Additional duties may be assigned by the Pastor as the occasion requires, such as during special church projects. These assignments will be made according to the training and gifts of the Student Minister.
2. The Youth Committee will assist the Student Minister in whatever way possible to achieve the goals of reaching and developing youth for Christ.
3. The church secretaries will provide clerical assistance upon request.
1. The Student Minister will work with the Pastor in guiding the spiritual wellness of the youth ministry.
2. The Student Minister will attend Sunday School and be available to teach.
3. The Student Minister will prepare and conduct a midweek service in line with the overall ministry and goals of the church.
4. The Student Minister will coordinate fellowships and outreach events outside of regularly-scheduled weekly meetings.
5. The Student Minister will coordinate summer activities.
6. The Student Minister will be involved in the activities of high school and middle school students (e.g., sporting events, band concerts, etc.)
7. The Student Minister will meet with the Youth Committee periodically.
8. The Student Minister will complete any project assigned by the Pastor.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL TIME:
Time off shall be arranged in cooperation with the Pastor and other staff members as work load permits, with at least one full day and one half day off per week under normal circumstances.